It’s not uncommon for us to receive calls and emails related to issues organizations are having with expediting orders, either from new or existing suppliers.
By expediting, the assumption is that a delivery date or other expectation has been provided, but is not being met. Reasons for delays in production might include:
- New sub supplier
- Equipment issues
- Key staff turnover or other lack of resources
- Packaging issues
- Larger orders from other clients taking a priority
Whatever the reason(s) might be, communication can quickly become an additional layer of complexity as the supplier continues to assure the buyer that all is well and on schedule. No fun for anyone involved here.
A quality solutions company, such as Pro QC, can recognize when product quality control might not be the issue. In some cases, the supplier just needs support to address the root cause issues.
Having a local quality professional assist in expediting adds value:
- Local follow-up can include regular calls and/or on-site visits as required. Accountability is increased. Any potential language and/or cultural issues are addressed.
- On-site evaluation of issues noted can be evaluated. Corrective actions are developed and implemented.
- If the supplier lacks internal resources, a company like Pro QC can allocate internal experts to the team to assist as necessary.
- Weekly reporting (or other frequency as needed) reports progress and provides advance notice of potential delays or new issues. No more surprises.
- Regular calls between the supplier, Pro QC and buyer presents opportunity for discussion of various perspectives and options as necessary or required.
- Professionals on-site are able to evaluate the issues and current situation. A non-biased recommendation can be made to identify new suppliers depending on the conditions or other at the supplier location.
Supplier development solutions are customized depending on needs and the priority of those needs. Development activities can incorporate a range of services and resources, from product testing to compliance auditing. Whether it’s expediting, inspecting, auditing or testing, an organization with experience and a global presence can find the right mix of resources to address and solve problems. Contact us for additional information.