“An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” ~Benjamin Franklin
Utilities are the largest variable expense faced by business owners. In fact, “energy consumption by heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems accounts for roughly 40 percent of total building energy consumption, and in turn, buildings account for 35 percent to 40 percent of total worldwide energy consumption. Thus, HVAC energy consumption in commercial buildings is a key contributor to total global energy consumption.”
Considering energy use in particular, organizations have an opportunity to incorporate and realize significant savings and other benefits associated with a proactive audit and preventative maintenance plan. Benefits include:
- Lower energy costs due to maximum efficiency (Estimated at 15-30% great efficiency over otherwise neglected equipment)
- A study done by ASHRAE (American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air conditioning Engineers) found that a large central air system with a dirty coil will cost approximately $600.00 more to operate during one cooling season than an HVAC system that has been properly maintained. Add a clogged filter into the equation, and your costs will increase by another $480.00
- Dependability you can count on – Reduced risk of equipment failure and likelihood of emergency repairs
- Maximizes efficiency of current building operations and the HVAC system
- Helps prolong the life of your equipment
- Maintains safe and healthy operation
- Protects the environment
- Contributes to a long-term energy sustainability plan
- Supports staying up-to-date with technology. Driven by tightening energy efficiency regulations and by demand for higher-efficiency buildings, the technology for efficient HVAC systems is advancing.
The 70/30 rule:
“When you consider the operating costs of an HVAC system, remember the 70/30 rule. 70% of the maintenance cost of an HVAC system should be preventive in nature. 30% of the HVAC maintenance cost should be corrective. ”
Did you know? With the team of trained HVAC professionals, we are able to provide cost effective inspection services and troubleshoot problems related to HVACs and provide the relevant solution. In addition, we provide retrofitting services, operations & maintenance services, commission & installation services, energy auditing and sustainability (ISO 14001) evaluations. Ask us for more info!