A report issued by McKinsey & Company predicting trends up through 2020 in the global automotive industry identifies four challenges that will affect the industry’s growth. With these four challenges in mind, we offer quality solutions that effectively hedge or otherwise prepare those working within the industry.
- Complexity and cost pressure
- Diverging markets
- Digital demands
- Shifting industry landscape
“To capture future growth and find profit from these challenges – and to mitigate their risks – OEMs cannot simply turn to their traditional toolbox. They need to review and adjust their strategic priorities, deploy the appropriate investments and resources, and develop new skills to execute these strategic objectives.”
The automotive aftermarket faces it’s own challenges as well, discussed in detail within the Aftermarket Outlook 2020 report. According to the report, challenges include:
Quality solutions continue to offer a competitive advantage that ensures long-term sustainability while effectively addressing challenges identified by the industry. Solutions offered include:
- Supplier Selection (Verification and on-site initial evaluations)
- Product Development (Testing, PPAP, etc.)
- Production (In-process QC inspections, order monitoring, corrective action, etc.)
- Supplier Management (TS/ISO 16949 audits, process audits, ISO 14001 environmental/sustainability audits, SA8000 social audits, C-TPAT security audits, etc.)
- Shipping – Logistics (Container loading supervision, pre-shipment QC inspections)
Over the last three decades, Pro QC has assisted a significant number of OEMs and aftermarket parts suppliers in reducing their associated risks and cost. View our example service reports here.
Will you be one of over 44,000+ attendees at AAPEX this year? If so, visit us in Booth 1874 to learn more about how we help reduce quality risk and cost in the industry! If you are unable to attend, contact us anytime at one of our worldwide office locations.