Insider News : Affordable X-Ray Fluorescence (XRF) Lead and RoHS Screening Available from Pro QC
Pro QC offers an affordable and reliable way to screen products and components for the presence of lead, RoHS prohibited materials, proper alloys and more; XRF screening.
Pro QC XRF screening costs only US$21.00 per color field or material type. Our XRF analyzer and engineers trained in x-ray screening are based at our Ningbo, China lab and can also be dispatched to factory locations across China for parts and/or sample quantities that are too large to ship to our lab.
The device can detect as little as 50 ppm of lead, while the US regulatory maximum content is 600 ppm - well within the device's resolution band. Additional specifications of the unit are listed below.
Reduce your risk of product recalls. Contact your account manager or contact Pro QC through our web site for a quote.
Here are the XRF specifications:
--X-Met3000TXR+ Handheld Elemental Analyzer for Measurement of Restricted Materials in Plastic and Metal--
The system is composed of an EDXRF analyzer operated by a HP iPAQ PDA with Windows Mobile 5.0 operating system.
The XRF analyzer includes a miniature x-ray tube with a Rh target, 40kV HV supply and a high resolution high count-rate PentaPIN® Si-PIN detector system. The system is tailored to the analysis of elements restricted in the EU 2002/95/EC and EU 2002/96/EC directives, commonly known as WEEE and RoHS directives.
The system's analysis range is from Cl to U and is delivered calibrated for the analysis of:
• Components, connectors, bare-board PCB and populated boards for presence or absence of Pb
• Pb, Cd, Hg and Cr in consumer packaging material
• Solder - incoming bar stock as well as ladle dips and solder balls for Pb, Sn, Cu, Fe, Ag, Bi, Ag, Bi and other elements of interest
• Polymer samples for Br, Pb, Hg and Cd commonly found in epoxy and molded plastics
• Other elements commonly found in epoxy and molded plastics such as Cl, Ti, Zn, Ni, etc.
• ID Coatings on frames and fasteners such as Cr.
• Various matrices for Cr, Pb, Cd, Hg, Br, and other elements of interest
• Universal metal calibration for assay of 28 common Alloying elements including Cr, Cu, As, Ag, Cd, Sn, Sb, Hg, Pb, Bi etc
• Universal plastics calibration for materials such as ABS, PVC and PE for 22 common elements including Pb, Hg, Cd, Br, Cr, and other elements of interest such as Cl, Ni, Zn, Fe, Ti